Beef Promotion Grant
The Missouri Beef Industry Council provides funding for local non-profit organizations to promote beef in their communities.
Promotion Grant Categories:
• Special Event Advertising
• Retail Promotions
• Billboards/Trailer Wraps/Permanent Signs
Eligible Grant Funding:
The Missouri Beef Industry Council will reimburse qualified expenses as determined by the MBIC and outlined below up to $500 per year per organization.
Qualifying Reimbursement Expenses:
Special Event Advertising
o May is Beef Month
o Heart Month o Grilling season
o Holiday season
This includes print, radio, television, social, and digital advertising
Must include MBIC or BIWFD logo.
o Beef cooking demonstration
o In store beef sample o In store beef display
o Contest giveaways
▪ Ex. Gift card, beef coupons, grilling set, etc.
Billboards/Trailer Wraps/Permanent Signs
o Design must be approved PRIOR to print
o Must include MBIC or BIWFD logo
o Fundraising (effective March 15th, 2019)
o BBQ Competitions (effective July 16th, 2019)
This grant program is funded by every single cattle farmer/rancher in the state of Missouri through the $1 per head beef checkoff.
• Beef grant application must be submitted 30 days prior to event & approved by the MBIC prior to the event/promotion date to be eligible for reimbursement.
• Any modifications to approved application must be confirmed, in writing, by MBIC prior to the event. Any changes not confirmed will not be reimbursed.
• In accordance to the laws that govern the beef checkoff, expenses will be REIMBURSED at the end of the beef promotion activities.
• MBIC will reimburse beef promotion expenses only after receiving a completed evaluation (see page 3) with corresponding receipts/
invoices. Each evaluation must also include evidence of promotion materials used and of sponsorship of the event. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Evaluation forms must be completed and sent to email@example.com by September 1, 2020.